28 September 2015

Meal Planning Monday #1

Hello Lovelies

Welcome to my very first Meal Planning Monday post!



Martin and my Mum were both ripping me about my meal planning the other day but I find it so much easier to plan the week ahead, the shopping, the family budget, and my diet so much better when I have a plan for the week.

At the weekend I have a look in the fridge, freezer and cupboards to see what we have and what needs used up. Then I use my planner and post it notes to allocate meals for the week ahead. We tend to have the same meals regularly so using the post its means that I don't have to keep writing the same meals out again and again but it also means that I can move the meals around. So if Martin doesn't fancy pasta one night I can swap it for another meal that I have planned.

I would like to do a more in depth post about my meal planning so I'll leave it like this for now. Here is the plan for this week:

Monday: Roast dinner (we didn't have enough time to have this yesterday!)
Tuesday: Pizza topped chicken/KFC chicken with chips
Wednesday: Chicken and chorizo paella 
Thursday: Baked fish and vegetables
Friday: Out for dinner - it's my Mum's 60th birthday!
Saturday: Chilli
Sunday: Roast dinner with meat from the freezer

post signature


Linking up with:

4 comments:

  1. Don't you listen to them. Good meal planning is my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meal planning often translates into better family nutrition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first meal planning post! Don't let the 'haters' get you down, my friends find it hilarious that I meal plan at the grand old age of 26 but it works for us, it means we eat a more varied diet and saves money. Let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good plan - I love paella! I find I waste less when I do my plans and follow them, I use up all the spare veg etc. And I just think it's fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...