9 May 2013

Things What Have Happened Thursday (a late WOW #17)

Hello there - it appears to be Thursday today. Hmm how did that happen? This week has been all over the place - I don't know who I am, let alone what day of the week it is!! With the bank holiday it seems everything has just sort of gone to pot!!

I received my first custom order this week, which was so much fun to work on. Nina asked me to create a tattoo-style brooch for her friend who is getting married soon. Nina has received it, and sent me a message on twitter saying that she loved it! Yay!! So very soon I will be listing the brooch and a similar style in my Etsy Shop for you to customise and purchase for yourself! Wehey!

 photo hearts_zps5ba92bd2.jpg

So what's been occurring this week? We went for a little walk along the river Petterill on Monday, where we found some little white flowers (no idea what they were) and some pretty cool graffiti.

 photo martin-picking-flowers_zps507fd8ec.jpg
Martin taking a flower sample

 photo grafitti-knights_zpsa51a91e3.jpg
Is this a Monty Python reference??

 photo frog-graffiti_zps2795a71e.jpg
Is this a toad/frog??

 photo grafitti-caterpillar_zps3910526a.jpg
Love this little caterpillar dude!

On Tuesday my Mum took the day off work, and we went to Newcastle to look for wedding dresses (eeeeek)! After a quick lunch stop we headed straight for Monsoon and commenced the trying on! And guess what? I think I found THE dress! It is so beautiful, and really unusual. I think I'll order it this week - how exciting! And it's well under my £400 budget too - so does that mean I can get a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes? No? Ah well!!

Then on Wednesday my dear godmother came to Carlisle for a girl's day. She comes up a couple of times a year and spoils me rotten!! We went for lunch at The Shabby Scholar, a cafe-bar-bistro type of place in Carlisle. I'd heard that the tapas was good, but we settled on a burger (for Penny) and the nachos (for me) - they food was lovely, but we had to giggle when the bill was presented to us in a glass-topped wooden box! Quite pretentious! Apart from that, it was enjoyable and I would go back.

We then went off for a bit of shopping, and I was well and truly spoilt. I got a cute dress and cardigan from Red Herring at Debenhams, and a couple of tops in New Look, as well as a beautiful set of notecards for #PostCircle (Penny shares my stationery obsession!!)!

 photo collage-of-treats_zps5142e16c.jpg
The dress is a really pale pink with white stitching over the bodice and round the hem. And I've been eyeing up that blue jumper for weeks!

I also received my third Liebster award from the lovely Sara at Color.Paint.Create! Thanks Sara! I think everyone is sick of me waffling on about myself, but here are the links to my last nominations: Liebster Award No 1, Liebster Award No 2 and Versatile Blogger Award.

So it's been quite busy here. Normal service should be resumed next week!

Thanks for reading
A x

P.S. Remember that there is 25% off in My Etsy Shop for the whole of May with code '30YEARS'

2 comments:

  1. Love the heart brooch - you are clever! Eeeeek wedding dress! Very exciting news :) And that is hands down the best graffiti I've ever seen. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you kind lady :) wheeee for wedding dresses! So exciting!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...